Thursday, July 3, 2008

Scouring your guts for the source!

Your voices and word choice stood me in my tracks throughout the week. Your raw writing and poetic broadsides were deep and thoughtful. You tackled social justice issues through your writing as you paid attention to the four platforms - defining self, becoming resilient, engaging others, and building capacity. I enjoyed being in the company of 11 young Brother Authors. We will focus on Black Shorts during week II of the Institute. We will have the opportunity to scour our guts to write short stories. I am looking forward to Tuesday. 

Continue to be myth busters and writing guardians for the younger brothers. 

Until next time,

Brother Author, Dr. T. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Equals

Black
White
Spanish
Latino
Italian
Hispanic

It doesn’t matter what race you are
If we work together we all will go far

Anonymous said...

Life Is
by slayton goodman


Little
Inconveniences
Full blown
Emergencies

Life is hard

Love
Inspiring
Fait
Everlasting feelings

Life is wonderful

Living in for the now
In the spirit of the moment
Fun
Exciting

Life is breath taking

To me there is no real definition for life but whatever it is, it’s worth living

Anonymous said...

FREEDOM


I’m like a homeless man looking for change
Hoping it come in a short time range

We are imprisoned by our own brothers
Robbing, stabbing, shooting and killing each other

Free me, don’t include me in your violent ways
Living in ignorance so long I don’t know how to behave

Why can’t I just live in peace?
I’m not a slave yet I’d give anything to be free